SectionV Talksback  

Go Back   SectionV Talksback > General/Off Topic > General: Section Five Sports

General: Section Five Sports Topics that deal with Section Five Sports in General.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
BATHFAN
League All Star
Section 5 Fan

Bath Sports Hall of Fame

I was surprised to learn that Bath had a sports hall of fame over the course of the last few weeks. Does anyone know first off how long they have been electing members for it and is there a list of the current members out there somewhere. Secondly how does the selection process work and who votes on who gets in??
BATHFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #2
BathRamsFan
All-State Pick
Section 5 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATHFAN View Post
I was surprised to learn that Bath had a sports hall of fame over the course of the last few weeks. Does anyone know first off how long they have been electing members for it and is there a list of the current members out there somewhere. Secondly how does the selection process work and who votes on who gets in??
The HOF started maybe 5 years ago. I know that Dr. Rick Czajkowski was in the first class and Tom Sutryk was elected last year, but other than that I'm not quite sure who all is in it. I think Coach Bob Buckley is in also. Maybe Rams15 knows more...
BathRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #3
Rams15
AGR 1st Team
Section 5 Fan

Pretty Accurate Matt

The HOF has a committee who process nominations for deserving athletes and coaches. I know Brian Freedland is in the Hall for coaching tennis. Tony Versage for coaching cross country & track. Tuesday Mishook, a player for girl's soccer. Sean Angel just was recently inducted as the first Bath football player this past weekend.

I would suggest that you contact Don Long the AD for the paperwork and process. I know that John Keddy & Dave Fiedler are on the committee if you know them ? The HOF is for exceptional athletes and coaches and I know that leadership and sportsmanship are two big attributes they consider, as well. Be prepared to have as many specifics/date for accomplishments, awards,etc.... things that would set the nominee apart from the rest. It's quite a bit of paperwork.

Hope that helps. Family members have nominated athletes, friends, fellow athletes, but I'm not sure if they permit an individual to nominate themself ??
Rams15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
BATHFAN
League All Star
Section 5 Fan

Thanks!!

Thanks for the info, I was kind of shocked initially that Shawn was the first football player to go in. Nothing at all against Shawn because he did deserve it just that he was the first football player to go in. Which I guess since it has only been around 5 years that would explain how that was possible.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
Rams15
AGR 1st Team
Section 5 Fan

People need to nominate players for them to be considered. The process requires quite a bit of research/paperwork and if a player's resume is not offered then they can't be chosen. I'm sure there are many players who participated in Bath sports who would qualify to be considered for the HOF;especially considering the success of the football program. So... supporters need to do the paperwork and get them nominated.
Rams15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
BathRamsFan
All-State Pick
Section 5 Fan

There are no soccer players yet?? Todd Von Hagn, Scott Witt, Mark Witt (3 sporter there), Mike Wonderly, Dean House, Adam Gill...just off the top of my head.
Football- QB- Mike Apple, Keith Cagle
RB- Billy Plank, Mark Robinson, Remember Charlie Marshall the 3 bill RB ?? Put up some BIG numbers for 2 years. A throwback name... MIKE MATTER, I'd love to see how his numbers stack up, if anyone even kept track back then, he was a heck of a football player.

How about some toher worthy canidates? there have been some great swimmers and female athletes (Shannon Flieschman etc...) and track people...lets get some more in there..
BathRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #7
BATHFAN
League All Star
Section 5 Fan

That actually explains alot because the common question people were asking is why Mike Apple wasn't nominated or already in. But I am pretty sure all his family has moved away from the area so probably no one has nominated him yet.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #8
action
Modified A Team
Section 5 Fan

Many times it is coaches that nominate the athletes. For ex-coaches, it is usually ex-players that nominate them. Adam Gill is in the Bath HOF by the way. The hall members have pictures and a little write up on them hanging in the Bath gym lobby above the sectional trophies.
action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #9
bath#1
All-State Pick
Section 5 Fan

Anyone think Adam Long will be considered in the future?
bath#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #10
UNCTarheels
Section 5 Fan

Tonight Longtime Steuben County Official Ivan Cranmer is going to be inducted into the Haverling Rams Sports Hall of Fame at halftime of their game vs. Dansville.

Ivan is a 1953 Graduate of Bath-Haverling high School, where he lettered in basketball, baseball, volleyball and track and field. He was voted "Most Athletic" by his senior classmates.

In 1958 he started his officiating career, he began as a junior varsity official in Steuben County. He acheived his varsity official certification in 1966 and began a forty-two year membership in Steuben County Board #156 of the International Association of Approved Basketball Officials (IAABO). As a member of Board #156, Ivan has served many roles, including President from 1975-1977 and again from 1982-1984. He was elected as Rules Interpreter for the board in 1974, a position he currently still holds.

In 2007, Ivan reached the pinnacle of his profession as he was selected as a recipient of a Life Membership in the IAABO. This national honor is one of the highest an official can obtain and reflects his years of dedication and acheivment.

In November of 2008 Ivan was inducted into the Section V Basketball Hall of Fame

Way to go Ivan - Congratulations!